It has an unmistakable variety aroma.
It presents a subtle flavor, unctuous and harmonic, with a long finish.
- LOCATION | Cruz de Piedra (Mendoza River’s High Valley), Maipú district, province of Mendoza.
- CLIMATE | This privileged area has a particular micro-weather characterized by dry summers, warm and sunny days and cold nights. Grape development is favored by the thermal range, making them reach high concentration of aromas and excellent health.
- SOIL | Alluvial, sandy-loam with calcareous content.
- TRELLIS SYSTEM | Traditionally low espalier-trained vineyards. High cultivation density; low yield vines that, associated with the varietal purity, allow high quality grapes.
Traditionally low espalier-trained vineyards. High cultivation density; low yield vines that, associated with the varietal purity, allow high quality grapes.
By hand, selecting the best clusters so as to have the best grapes for the winemaking. The harvesting moment depends on the grape ripening, a process that’s followed carefully to reach an optimum point with the highest aroma expression.
- Volatile acidity 0.50 g/l. in acetic acid
- Total SO2 90 mg/l.
This wine is aged in large French-oak casks of 5,000-20,000 liters where a development process occurs. Once it’s bottled a noticeable aroma complexity is acquired. After this, it’s perfect for tasting.
It presents an intense ruby red color with mahogany notes.
Depending on the consumer’s preference, this wine can be stored for 10 years or more. It’s ideal to accompany red meats and plates with soft sauce. We advice a service temperature of 18-20 degrees Celsius. To guarantee its properties, the bottle has to be stored in horizontal position, keeping the wine in contact with the cork, away from light and heat. We recommend its decanting at least one hour prior.