Fruit and floral fragrance.
Attractive combination of brightness of fruit and floral fragrance, electrifying racy acidity embedded into a silky textural richness, that finish with a powdery chalky grip. It shows great nerve and energy underneath its sensational textural, creamy, leesy, biscuity elements.
The soils of this amazing micro-terroir consists of a first sandy layer reaching to a depth of 70 cm (2’29”) below the surface, which lies on a second layer of rounded stones with significant contents of calcium carbonate. The soils have very low water retention capacity.
- Varietal: Chardonnay, clone R8 - own rooted.
- Year of plantation: 1998 - one of the first Chardonnays planted in Gualtallary.
- Training system: VSP (Vertical Shoot Positioning)
- Pruning: Spur pruning.
- Row orientation: North - South.
- Plantation density: 2.20 x 1.3 (2.666 plants/ Ha)
- Irrigation: Drip irrigation.
- Whole bunch pressing
in a pneumatic press.
- Cold settling for 36 hours.
- 1/3 of the wine is fermented in concrete eggs.
- 2/3 is fermented in a mix of foudres (3000 liters) and barrels (300/500 liters)
- Alcoholic fermentation with native yeasts.
- Natural Malolactic fermentation (20%).
- 10 month ageing over fine lees in concrete eggs/foudres/barrels.
- Light filtration previous to bottling.