Notes of iodine, tobacco, pencil shavings and fresh mint.
Drama meets beauty in this most northerly latitude, high altitude Cabernet Sauvignon. An inky, black, graphite and spice-laden core of crunchy blackcurrant fruit takes the lead while the site-specific spicy signature stamp of pink peppercorns, chili paste, roasted peppers add further lift to this charismatic style. Elegant, attractively succulent, medium bodied style. A charismatic wine reflecting a very special place.
This micro-terroir consists of deep sandy soils originated from metamorphic and igneous rocks of a granite type. They soil composition consists of 2% of clay, 89% of sand and 9% of silt.
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon, massal selection - own rooted.
- Year of plantation: 1958.
- Training system: Pergola - bilateral cordon.
- Pruning: Spur pruning.
- Row orientation: North - South.
- Plantation density: 2.5 x 2.5 (1,600 plants/ Ha)
- Irrigation: Furrow irrigation.
- 15% of whole clusters maceration.
- Alcoholic fermentation with native yeasts in stainless steel tanks.
- Punching down 3 times a day during fermentation.
- Gentle pneumatic pressing.
- Racking into 300L new French oak barrels, natural malolactic fermentation and ageing for 18 months.
- Bottled unfiltered.
18 months in new French oak barrels.