Nose

Aromas of white peach, green apple, lemon peel, and pineapple. The aging in oak casks of 20% of the wine adds slight tones of toasted hazelnuts and linden flowers.

Palate

Big, fatty, and refreshing. It flows harmoniously, with vibrant acidity and defined fruit flavors. The mid-palate is linear with a buttery sensation and honey flavors. A good balance between alcohol and acidity provides the wine with length. A floral and citric aftertaste complements it.

Growing Conditions

The grapes used for The President’s White Blend are sourced from three different vineyards: The Chardonnay comes from Gualtallary, a high-altitude vineyard located in Tupungato at 1,300 m.a.s.l. These heterogeneous alluvial soils are mainly sandy and shallow, with deposits of rocks (river stones) covered in white limestone and caliche. The vineyards are well balanced and drip-irrigated. The bunches are loose and healthy, and the berries are typically golden-colored, crispy, and thick-skinned with a marked natural acidity that gives complexity and structure to the wines. The Semillón comes from Agrelo, in Luján de Cuyo, at 950 m.a.s.l. This is a 50 plus year-old vineyard located in the emblematic Argentinean Primera Zona. Its soils are deep, loamy, and relatively heavy. Climatically speaking, this is one of the coldest areas with a predominance of late frosts during bud break. The vines are traditionally irrigated and guided in low vertical trellis. The bunches may grow loose or compact, with juice-full, large and heavy berries that confer the wine its buttery texture on the palate. The Sauvignon Blanc comes from Escorihuela Gascon´s El Cepillo vineyard located in an old alluvial basin of the Tunuyán River, south of the department of San Carlos, and at 1,150 m.a.s.l. The soils are sandy and deep, with presence of limestone and soft caliche. The vineyard is certified by the Démeter Biodynamic Standards, trellis-trained, and drip-irrigated. The clusters obtained are green-colored and compact, and the juice has high acidity. The resulting musts have fruity and tropical aromas, herbal notes, and the strong tipicity of the area´s unique terroir. The year had scarce snowfall deriving in a water shortage, followed by a very hot and dry summer. Therefore, the vines developed small berries accelerating their maturity and reaching optimum ripeness.

Harvest

2020

Winemaking

20% of the blend was aged in 500-liter French oak casks. The remaining 80%, in stainless steel tanks for nine months while in contact with its lees.

Appearance

Pale yellow with bright greenish hues.

Food Pairing

Medium-fat white meats (pork and fish such as pacú, dorado and surubí)